Using the KJ method, we continued grouping up some of the patterns.
Since we had too many sticky notes to deal with, we had to remove our desks of our lab and spread the sheet on the floor so that we could oversee the whole aspects.
Knowing that we had to finish the task by tonight was hard to nerve-wracking with the sheet filling up the entire lab.
Walking through the seeds of patterns, we tried to identify which pattern is close to each other. Overwhelmed by the immense amount of patterns, our members had a tough time with the task. Some sitting on the floor absentminded, others walking around trying to come up with a good idea.
However, such situation was the best time to use our creativity and breakthrough difficulties. Once one of the members began choosing specific patterns, others also was able to start moving their handsto pick up some patterns.
Finding a new way whenever your lost and disregarding the old fashion way is one of our important element to be creative.
Even though we spent more than 5 hours to finish the KJ method, we still couldn't finish putting together the patterns. Some members had tiredness on their faces after cudgeling their brains to the utmost. But on the bright side, we were able to find some connections among the patterns, making a web of patters.
We will (try) finishing our task net week. We truly hope that we can finish the hardest part in the process of pattern making.